Ir al contenido principal

A Photography I like

 

 
This picture is taken by me, near the Santa Lucia subway. I remember that it was about 32° and I was melting in heat, but I was extremely happy to be surrounded by strong and powerful women. It shows the march of March 8th, 2020, in which about two million women marched. That day, we women went out to the streets to demand a safe, free, and unrestricted abortion, an end to the violations of our human rights; that they stop killing us, raping us, kidnapping us, among others issues. I like this photo for many reasons; first, it shows that we are many and that no man or oppressive state will silence us. I also like it because all those hands up there remind me how safe I felt among them all, even when I was wearing very few clothes; I felt that no one was sexualizing my body. Finally, that picture makes me feel proud to be a feminist and inspires me to keep fighting for a future where all women are more respected. I am not alone in this fight and that picture confirms it. 



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Talking about my pet

  Hello everyone, in today's blog I will talk about my only pet. His name is Danger and I adopted him 13 years ago. I remember when my mom found him in the street a very cold winter day. We named him Danger because we wanted a rude appearing dog to protect me when I had to stay alone at my house  but he was more scared than me. In those days, I was eight years old and I had to stay by myself in my house  when my mom went to work. Danger was the only one who would keep me company until my mom get home from work. The first month he was in my house, he ate all the plants we had in the yard: chives, parsley, lettuce and others. But after all we still loved him.  In my family none of us eats meat, but it doesn't matter because Danger loves vegetables, he eats: carrots, Italian squash, celery only if it is seasoned hahaha, tomato, pickle, apple and many other things. He is the most loving dog ever, he loves to sleep with a pillow and to be wrapped up to s...

My future job

  Hello everyone, in this blog I will talk about the job I hope to have in the future. To be honest, I'm not sure what job I would like to have, but I have a few things clear that I would like to incorporate into my future. Feminism is something I want to integrate into any job I have in the future, I want to have a gender perspective in my daily activities. The feminist movement has been very important in the formation of my identity as a woman. I would also like to have a sustainable or environmentally friendly job. I want to continue learning about gardening and recycling. All this is not very related to psychology, but psychological therapy is a field that integrates feminism, environmental awareness and respect between people and the environment. I am not yet clear about what kind of people I would like to treat, but I know that respect must be present in any clinical interview I do. I do not want to have an individual view of events, I always want to integrate the conte...

My autobiography

My name is Sofia Daniela and I was born on October 13 th, 1999. I currently live with my brother and mother, but I usually spend more time with my grandmother and aunt, they are very nice. I have a dog that has been with me since I was 8 years old, his name is Danger and he is the most spoil p et in the world. Throughout my life, I have been in four different schools, but the last one was the one that marked my adolescence the most. At Liceo República de Siria, I met my current friends and teachers who have significantly marked my life.  I love to go out and ride my bike, especially at night time. I also like to listen to music, I do it all the time, while I shower, cook, study, ride my bike, etc. I also like to spend time with my friends and have long conversations. With quarantine that has become a little difficult, but not impossible.